Thursday, March 12, 2009

Starting Over...

Last weekend I was sick. It started on Thursday mid-day until Sunday afternoon. I didn't have trouble counting calories because the only things I ate were soda crackers and a little ginger ale. Most of the time I wasn't hungry or I didn't dare eat- just in case it wanted to come back up. By Monday morning I was feeling ok...but not completely happy optimistic self. I got on my treadmill in late afternoon...I walked at a reasonable pace but definitely not normal...I was quite surprised when my heart rate went up with very little effort. (by the way, I love my heart monitor) I was sweating profusely and tuckered out quickly. I was slightly discouraged. It was like starting over!

Now its Thursday and I have exercised every day...I can eat what I want and it is getting easier again. Yesterday I even RAN for about 6 mins on the treadmill- not all at once mind you- but nonetheless I RAN on the treadmill. If you can't tell that is a BIG deal for me! I know I am getting stronger...I am going to look so good in my swimsuit this summer. I won't hide behind a towel.

I am so grateful for this opportunity to begin again. This jump start is just what I needed to make myself do something I have been meaning to do for months. I am so thankful. I am grateful we are starting slow so I feel successful from the get go! I feel wonderful inside and I am looking better every day on the outside.

I have lost a few pounds- Traci said, "You will probably gain a few pounds this week because you are probably dehydrated from being sick." Losing weight would be nice but the most important thing to me is getting my heart strong and losing body fat. I want to run and not be weary. And I want to be a lean machine.
Until next time-
Think Happy Thoughts, Keeping Moving & Eat Less

No comments:

Post a Comment