Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's week three! I'm doing great!

I plan my entire week around my exercise sessions. I schedule all my appointments around my exercise schedule. I know if I don't plan my exercise time -it won't get done. I work at home so it is easy for me to get caught up in my work and forget about going out to the gym to exercise or just going upstairs to walk on my treadmill. I bought a heart monitor so I can exercise at the right level even at home.

I was at bit concerned about 'counting calories'. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. Actually it is kind of fun to see how much food I can actually eat AND still stay within my alloted amount of calories. I am more aware of what I eat- I eat lots of fruits & vegetables cause they fill me up and don't have lots of calories.

My goal is to increase my cardiovascular endurance- meaning being able to play tennis and not gasp for air. Ride my bike uphill without stopping and walking it up the hill. I also want to reduce my body fat. I want to be a lean, mean machine...well maybe not mean but definitely lean!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you about planning in the exercise. You have to do it that way or something always gets in the way. Sounds like you're off to a great start - Janet Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has been nice to see you at the gym. Getting there is the first step. I don't think you will have difficulty becoming the mean, lean machine you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, Good luck as you go through this challenge. Enjoy the time you spend making these changes in your lifestyle. Rewards are abundant and so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete